It’s a new year, summer is upon us and it’s heating up fast. Here are 5 tips to reduce the heat and keep cool this summer.
1. Air circulation is a great way to keep your home cool this summer. Opening the house, doors and windows will allow any breeze to circulate through your home. Blocking out the sun by closing your curtains and blinds can also reduce the warmth of your home, keeping your home cool this summer. By closing your curtains or blinds to block the stream of sun into your home you allow your home to keep more heat on the outside. A cooler inside environment is important to stay comfortable though the heat of summer.
2. Swimming is one of the quickest ways to cool down this summer. A quick dip in the ocean or the pool is a great way to cool off on a hot summer day. Alternatively, a cold will also leave you feeling clean and refreshed for a few hours.
3. Cold drinks have similar effects to a cold shower. Drinks like water and iced tea can cool you internally. The coolness from iced drinks will help keep you cool through hot days. Drinking a lot of water and cold drinks will help regulate your body temperature, keeping you cool this summer. The regular intake of the right cold drinks will also keep you hydrated and healthy but try and avoid too many soft drinks.
4. Insulate your home. Having a well-insulated home slows the movement of heat from outside to inside therefore keeping your home cool this summer. Having an insulated home allows the warm summer air to stay outside stopping your home from overheating through the warmer months, learn more about the benefits of insulation in summer here. During summer, heat from outside moves into your home however with insulation, the transfer of heat is reduced creating a more comfortable inside living space. Learn more about the benefits of home insulation here.
5. Cook outside. Cooking meals outside will keep you home cool this summer and help reduce your energy bills. Cooking indoors creates a lot of extra heat which can get trapped in the home. When making your meals outside on the grill you can keep the heat outside your home. Cooking outdoors is not only a great way to keep your home cool this summer but is also a great way to socialize with your friends and family. What’s summer without those barbecues?